AOL Panel Warns of Nightmare Scenarios for Housing Crisis
33 millions d’hypothèques sont en questions ici …
Among the danger areas:
- Borrowers might not be able to determine whom they should pay.
- Judges could block foreclosure efforts even where borrowers haven’t paid.
- Several banks might try to foreclose on the same property.
- Foreclosed borrowers might try to reclaim homes now nominally owned by someone else.
- « Would-be buyers and sellers could find themselves in limbo, unable to know with any certainty whether they can safely buy or sell a home, » according to the panel.
And the risks to the whole housing market and broader economy are significant, it concluded.